It takes a lot for me to find a scone that I find edible and not only of good taste quality – but of good food quality.
After about 32 different substitution tries – I finally found it. And of course, I want to share with you!!!
2 Cups of Spelt Flour
1 Tablespoon of Baking Soda
Dash of salt – (about 1/4 of teaspoon)
1/3 cup of Coconut oil (Easiest if in liquid form- just place the container in a pot of warm water for a few minutes 🙂 )
1/3 cup of organic sugar
1/4 cup of cold water
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (slightly mashed or whole – depending all upon personal preference)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Combine Dry ingredients together : flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl and mix well.
4. add in coconut oil, cold water and vanilla extract – combine and mix gently – (DO NOT OVERMIX)
5. add in the blueberries carefully – using a plastic spatula is the easiest
6. spoon out and form on the parchment paper in the shape you wish – (that pretty scone shape seems to be tricky- like a biscuit works just fine- SHAPE does not affect taste )
7. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until a golden brown –
8. Remove and cool – ( yes cool, i know you are excited but burning your palate is no fun)
and now you have messy vegan blueberry scones.