As promised here is the recipe for my birthday cake !!
Gluten and Dairy Free BirthdAy Cake
-15 oz. can great northern beans drained and rinsed
– 6 eggs
– 3/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/3 cup dark brown sugar
-1/4 cup melted coconut oil
-1/3 cup coconut flour sifted
-1tsp baking soda
-1&1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1 cup dried strawberries
-2 cups fresh strawberries sliced thin
-smuckers simply fruit strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Add beans, eggs, stevia, vanilla, and sugar to blender and blend well.
3. Add coconut oil, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and blend.
4. Add freeze dried strawberries and stir.
5. Pour mixture into a well greased baking pan – I used an 11 inch round pan.
6. Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean.
7. When cake is done remove from oven and let cool. When cooked cut in half (so there is a top and bottom)
8. Cover the top of the bottom piece with jam and a thin layer of fresh strawberries.
9. Replace top half
10. Icing to your desire and garnish with fresh strawberries !!
Vegan Vanilla Frosting
-1 cup soy free earth balance vegan butter
-4 cups organic powdered sugar
-2 Teaspoons organic vanilla extract
-1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
-bert juice (if desired to color pink)
1. Cream butter and milk using hand mixer.
2. Add vanilla
3. Gradually add sugar (1 cup at a time) until well mixed and has frosting like consistency. If it is too soft add more sugar, too thick add a dash of milk.
4. optional* if wanting to color pink add bert juice more or less depending on how dark of a pink color is desired. Mix well – may need to add more sugar to maintain frosting like consistency !