Baking is one of my favorite things to do. Combining my love of baking, healthier alternatives, and cast iron is becoming increasingly popular in our growing household.
AND… Since I absolutely hate pages that share the life history before a recipe
Here ya go…….
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar in the raw
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 quart of sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees , while oven is preheating put 3 tablespoons of butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet and place in oven until melted.
- Place skillet with melted butter to the side while mixing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into skillet evenly and top with banana and strawberries.
- Place your “pancake” in the oven and set the timer for 45 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes clean when testing the center.
** drizzling a tad of maple syrup over top is my favorite way to serve **